[python-win32] Installing pywin32 for Python 2.7 AMD64

Ferdinand Sousa ferdinandsousa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 08:10:56 CEST 2012

Hi Mark,

I'm guessing User Access Control is not disabled for me. I have an
administrator account on Win 7 Professional.
While installing stuff, very often at the last step of the install wizard,
I get the install button with the chequered shield symbol, indicating admin
credentials required.
Since my account is an admin, I get a modal dialog asking whether I want to
continue or not. This did NOT happen for the pywin32 installer mentioned
below.

However since you made the suggestion I explicitly chose to run the
installer as admin and it works fine now (I am able to import win32api,
win32gui etc), even though I still get the same error at the finish stage
of the install wizard mentioned earlier:
Postinstall script finished
Click the Finish button to exit the setup wizard

close failed in file object destructor:
sys.excepthook is missing
lost sys.stderr

Thanks for the tip. Best regards,