[python-win32] OverlaysIco python script running environment

china.wangjunlong china.wangjunlong at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:07:59 CET 2012

Hi All,

    I have made a python script which allows me to assign overlay icons to some particular files.

The method I use is according to the discussion as below:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-win32/2008-April/007313.html

It works perfect! But when I copy this script to some others' machine, the script can't work. The reason I guess is that others' machine don't have python installed. So I try to make this script a exe using py2exe, but it can't work either.

Sorry for the very newbie questions, I am a noob for programming and it seems that I have not understood the deep theory of python's running environment.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Adrian Wang