[python-win32] [ANN] pywin32 build 217 released.

Luc Kesters luc.kesters at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:05:05 CET 2012

Hello Mark,

I installed the new pywin32.  I don't have a problem with pywin32 itself.
But when importing other packages (the ones I mentioned) I still have the
problem (see below)
When I read the issues (see first message) it seemed to me a python problem
and not a pywin32 problem. If I understand your answer correct, this isn't
the case?
I should go back to the developers of the packages (I must say that the
"manifest" issue, is somewhat too technical for me)

Luc

[Error]
Message="Syntax error in script"
Number=44804
[Error Context]
Error_Description_1="Traceback (most recent call last):"
Error_Description_2="  File ""<Script Block >"", line 24, in <module>"
Error_Description_3="    import tables as tb"
Error_Description_4="  File
""C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\tables\__init__.py"", line 63, in <module>"
Error_Description_5="    from tables.utilsExtension import
getPyTablesVersion, getHDF5Version"
Error_Description_6="ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module
could not be found."
Error_Source="Python ActiveX Scripting Engine"
HResult=$80020009
PreProcessor_Source_LineNr=31
Script_Error_Column=-1
Script_Error_LineNr=24
Script_Error_Text="import tables as tb"
Win32errorMessage="Exception occurred"

[Error]
Message="Syntax error in script"
Number=44804
[Error Context]
Error_Description_1="Traceback (most recent call last):"
Error_Description_2="  File ""<Script Block >"", line 24, in <module>"
Error_Description_3="    import pandas"
Error_Description_4="  File
""C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\pandas-0.7.0-py2.7-win32.egg\pandas\__init__.py"",
line 10, in <module>"
Error_Description_5="    import pandas._tseries as lib"
Error_Description_6="ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module
could not be found."
Error_Source="Python ActiveX Scripting Engine"
HResult=$80020009
PreProcessor_Source_LineNr=31
Script_Error_Column=-1
Script_Error_LineNr=24