[python-win32] PumpMessages in main thread called by embedded Python causes crash

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 30 00:48:58 CEST 2012

On 30/04/2012 1:07 AM, reckoner wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes, the app works fine if I don't PumpMessages in my own code. There is
> no console that the application fires up when it runs the embedded
> Python code. In this situation, how do I (or, can I?) pump for my own
> messages if the application is doing some other kind of event loop, as
> you describe?

The event loop isn't generally where you handle messages - messages are
generally handled in a WndProc or similar (ie, by using something like
win32gui and its message handling support).  You might also want to look
into hooking messages (pythonwin has some support for that, and another
package called PyHook might also help).

Mark