[python-win32] Fwd: Loading C extensions in Python 2.6/2.7 from classic ASP

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Tue Sep 13 17:45:11 CEST 2011

Missed copying the list  :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Lambacher <chris at kateandchris.net>
Date: Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Loading C extensions in Python 2.6/2.7
from classic ASP
To: Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au>

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> The best I can suggest is to make a small .asp example which requires
> nothing beyond pywin32 - eg, some of the asp samples.  Once you are
> convinced that works, I'd start looking into what is different about the
> lxml.etree module - I suspect you will find that module references the CRT
> assembly.

I was looking at something else in Process Explorer and noticed a pyd
that was loaded in the standalone part of the app that I did not
rebuild and wondered if it loaded correctly in the ASP app. In this
case it was the _speedups.pyd extension of the markupsafe package and
indeed when I look at the running w3p.exe process, I see the
_speedups.pyd extension is loaded and modifying my test app to load
the _speedups.pyd module and everything works.

Maybe the other modules are loading other DLLs and therefore need the
manifest in order to be able to inherit it since it is not the   main
process loading the DLLs anymore?

-Chris

--
Christopher Lambacher