[python-win32] Clear the interactive screen

Blockheads Oi Oi breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 15:28:54 CET 2011

Hi all,

my take on a way to achieve this, and apologies if someone has posted a
better method that I don't know about:-

from SendKeys import SendKeys
def cls():
     SendKeys("^a{BS}~~", 0) # adjust to your needs

I've tried to setup my own config file using ALT-R to call this and have
failed dismally, managing to clear my code window(s) amongst other
things.  How do I correctly go about this?

I've also changed interact.py in accordance with
http://code.activestate.com/lists/python-list/168244/.  Is there any
reason why this couldn't be part of the standard file?

Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.