[python-win32] Catching Send To in Office

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 01:46:53 CET 2011

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 08:59:52 -0500
From: Mike Driscoll <mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us>
Cc: Python-Win32 List <python-win32 at python.org>
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Catching Send To in Office

On 1:59 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:
> Mike Driscoll wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a way to catch the "Send To Mail Recipient" in
>> Microsoft Word or Excel? I want to redirect that to our web mail
>> somehow.
> Well, let's brainstorm for a moment.  That link fires up the "default
> mail provider" for your computer, which in found in the registry.
> Theoretically, you ought to be able to rewrite that key to a browser
> command that brings up your webmail page, or to an application that does
> the same thing.  Check HKCU\Software\Clients\Mail or
> HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail.

Mike,

If I've understood you correctly ...
Why not just create a new sendto shortcut which points to your application,
and copy it to the SendTo directory?

I've created custom sendtos before, and it's quite convenient to make
sendtos for other systems.
You then just right click and send entire directories across the network
like this.