[python-win32] How to get a proxy instance of a WMI object.

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jun 21 17:51:21 CEST 2011

On 21/06/2011 16:13, M Saunders TAS wrote:
> I'm trying to use python and the fantastic WMI module to manage
> Hyper-V virtual machine resources and am having problems trying to
> modify properties of an instance to pass back via WMI.
>
> The following code in powershell is what I need to emulate in python:

[... snip horrendous Powershell stuff ...]

I never can understand why people like Powershell syntax so much <grin>

> The equivalent python code below produces a COM error "Provider is
> not capable of the attempted operation" when trying to change object
> properties.

I'm not going to be much help here, I'm afraid: I don't have access
to a Hyper-V installation and the error message is a fairly generic
one.

What might just help is a full traceback which would show exactly
where the error is arising. Frankly, I'm not too hopeful, although
I'm happy to try.

TJG