[python-win32] Com server on 64 bit Windows 7

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Jan 6 03:20:37 CET 2011

On 31/12/2010 3:50 PM, vijayendra bapte wrote:
> I have turned on logger in
> `Python27/Lib/site-packages/py2exe/boot_com_servers.py` and here is the
> traceback which I am getting in `comerror.txt` on `regsvr32
> test_icon_overlay.dll`
>
>     PATH is
>     ['C:\\root\\avalon\\module\\sync\\python\\src\\dist\\library.zip']
>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "boot_com_servers.py", line 37, in <module>
>     pywintypes.error: (126, 'GetModuleFileName', 'The specified module
>     could not be found.')

That is very strange - boot_com_servers.py is attempting to locate the
path to the DLL - I can't think of why this might be failing.

>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>        File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>     NameError: name 'DllRegisterServer' is not defined

This looks like a different error and appears to be a simple NameError
in the top-level script.

> Looks like there might be a problem with
> `win32api.GetModuleFileName(sys.frozendllhandle)` or with the dll build
> on 64-bit Windows 7 .

I'm really not sure what the problem could be - I'm strugging to make
py2exe work at the moment for other bizarre reasons and I'm out of time
for today - hopefully I'll get back to it soon...

Cheers,