[python-win32] Possible future direction for PyGUI on Win32

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 17:33:28 CET 2011

So with pythoncom on one hand and pywin32 on ironclad on the other you could
go either way on either compiler? Sounds pretty neat.
  Is pythoncom python3 ready? (I haven't looked at source yet.

Vernon Cole
(sent from my 'droid phone)

On Feb 28, 2011 2:58 AM, "Tim Golden" <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:

On 28/02/2011 09:40, Tim Golden wrote:

> On 28/02/2011 05:01, Vernon Cole wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm... pro...
... and what I meant to add was: Python.NET seems to sit in an awkward
place in the ecosystem. Its niche seems to be: where you want a small
bit of .NET technology (such as SQL-SMO in my case) but don't want to
migrate any win-specific Python code. (ie stuff relying on pywin32)

If you wanted lots of .NET stuff or if you only have pure Python
code you'd probably use IronPython .

TJG

h...