[python-win32] Possible future direction for PyGUI on Win32

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Feb 26 21:31:21 CET 2011

Until recently I didn't think it was possible to use .NET
libraries from CPython, but then I came across this:

http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

Using this, it looks like it should be possible to create
a PyGUI implementation based on Windows Forms. This has the
potential to solve a number of headaches, as it appears
to be a considerably more capable library than base win32.

The downside is that 2k and XP users may need to install
a .NET runtime. How would people feel about that?

--
Greg