[python-win32] comObject set Null/None

Jesse Kretschmer jkrets at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:07:52 CET 2011

> <code>
> import active_directory as ad
>
> me = ad.find_user ()
> me.PutEx (1, "telephoneNumber", "IRRELEVANT")
>
> </code>
>
> This should clear the telephoneNumber field; the first
> param to PutEx is one of: Clear, Update, Append, Delete;
> the second param is the field name; the third is usually
> the value

This is exactly what I was looking for.  I did a bit of searching and found
the typical values for the first parameter:
ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1
ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE = 2
ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3
ADS_PROPERTY_DELETE = 4
from: http://www.winvistatips.com/changing-ad-profile-paths-t750970.html

Incidentally, it wasn't clear from your code fragment whether
> you realised, but you can usually set AD fields directly by
> referring to them as attributes:
>
>  me.telephoneNumber = "504"
>
> I had noticed that in your module, but In my instance, I will actually pass
a dictionary.
<code>
me.set(**details)
</code>

Tim, thanks for the help and the quick response.  I frequently see helpful
would be stuck in VBScript if you were not around to help the community.
Cheers,
jesse