[python-win32] Pywin32+MFC Ok on 7 & Vista, bad on XP

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Mar 29 19:46:20 CEST 2010

Michel Claveau wrote:

> Sorry for the lack of information.
>
> I use win32gui + directAPI (SendMessage).
> With differents tests, I found:
>  - No problem, if I use dialog (CreateDialogIndirect instead
> CreateWindowEx). But dialog is limited (no NM_CUSTOMDRAW...)

I don't know what that means.  NM_CUSTOMDRAW is certainly available to
dialog windows.

>  - No problem, if I do not use any: SetGraphicsMode or
> SelectObject...DC or DrawText ; but I use them almost everywhere.

That might imply that you're not restoring the original DC fields
properly.  When you change the graphics mode or select a brush or a pen,
you are always supposed to put the original brush or pen back.

> I can show my code, but it is >100 kB, too big for message.

Not really, but if you want to send it to me in private email, that's fine.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com