[python-win32] Python Windows Socket problem after Py2exe and install

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Sun Mar 14 01:49:55 CET 2010

Tom,

> You don't need to add a whole load of imports inside a "if
False" block to make py2exe add them. If I recall correctly there
is a option in py2exe to force exclude and include modules when
compiling.

<embarrased grin> DOH! You're right! </embarrassed grin>

I've been doing a lot of work with our automated build cycle and
I must have looked at 100 different setup.py's. We do use these
features to fine tune our py2exe setup scripts for each
application. We just missed using these features for forcing our
large 'standard library (kitchen sink)' collection of modules.

Good catch!

Thank you,
Malcolm