[python-win32] syntax?

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 01:26:17 CET 2010

Hi all
I am getting a "syntax error" on the line
def sayUsedRam():
and I am not sure why. Nothing is wrong with that line, but I was playing
with the preceeding function when this started happening. Does anyone see
anything obvious about these two functions that would cause an error? I do
not always trust errors with line numbers to give me the right line number.
Thanks in advance for any help.

def sayLoad():
 i=0
 #get proc load, currently only first core for some reason
 load=[]
 for p in c.Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor():
  load.push(p.PercentProcessorTime)
  #speaker.say(str(load))
  i=i+1
 #end for
 speaker.say(str(load[0])+", "+str(load[1])
#end def

def sayUsedRam():
 #get total ram and ram available
 #then speak used ram as a percent, rounded to 1 place
 for info in c.Win32_OperatingSystem():
  ram=info.TotalVisibleMemorySize
  freeRam=info.FreePhysicalMemory
 #end for
 #speaker.say(toBiggestBytes(freeRam,2)+". ")
 used=100-(float(freeRam)/float(ram)*100)
 speaker.say(str(round(used,1))+"% ram used.")
#end def

Have a great day,
Alex
Email: mehgcap at gmail.com