[python-win32] passing an array to an active X object

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 00:20:20 CET 2010

On 21/12/2010 8:10 AM, Daughters, Tim wrote:
> I am having trouble sending an argument to an active X object that is an
> array of integers or doubles. I am trying to control an instrument
> called a “DPG”. It is a data pattern generator that drives a
> digital-to-analog converter, but that is not important.

About the best I can offer is you try and:

 >>> from win32com.client.gencache import EnsureDispatch
 >>> h = EnsireDispatch('AnalogDevices.DPG2')

That should run makepy if it can, which will probably help.  If it can't
use makepy you will get the same error, which is currently difficult to
work around...

Cheers,