[python-win32] sending mail and "From" field

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Apr 1 19:16:41 CEST 2010

dukE wrote:

> I'm using win32com.client, microsoft outlook and Mapi session.
> Eerything's fine, but i can't send message as someone else. I mean
> there's no option to fill "From" field. When i use Outlook there's
> such field and I'm wondering how can i fill it.

Outlook does NOT allow you to fill in the "From" field arbitrarily.
Outlook allows you to set up different personalities ("mail accounts"),
and you can specify which personality to use when you create a message.

MAPI is an extremely limited API.  It uses whatever the default
personality is in the Outlook session it hooks up to.  You can't
override it.  It is, in part, an anti-spam measure.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com