[python-win32] WinINet Http*Request?

Dolf Michielsen dolf_michielsen at applied-maths.com
Tue Nov 10 09:15:29 CET 2009

Hi,

I am using win32inet for retreiving web pages via InternetOpenUrl /
InternetReadFile. Now I would like to extend the functionality to also
POST data. However, it seems the WinINet functions HttpOpenRequest,
HttpAddRequestHeaders, HttpEndRequest and HttpSendRequest not available
in win32inet?

Is there a way to send HTTP POST messages through the WinINet API using
pywin32?

I would like to go through the WinINet API because it transparantly
handles the proxy settings if set correctly in IE; without bothering
with retreiving/setting the proxy handlers with e.g. urllib2

Thanks,
Dolf Michielsen