[python-win32] Unmuting the Microphone

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Mon Nov 9 16:20:30 CET 2009

Hi,

I received a request to un-mute the microphone on Windows XP. I've
looked around online and all I've seen are people recommending ctypes,
but no examples (in Python). I did find this C++ code, but I can't tell
if if just toggles mute or allows the programmer to specify that they
want the mic unmuted. Here's the link:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1171176/how_to_mute_or_unmute_the_system_volume.html?cat=59

I found an even longer piece of c# code, but it looks like it's mostly
constants:

http://blog.xploiter.com/c-and-aspnet/muting-audio-channels-mixer-control-api/

Does anyone have any tips or could point me in the right direction? I
didn't find any obvious wrappers in the docs.

Thanks,

Mike