[python-win32] Interest for patch enabling building egg ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 08:34:57 CET 2009

Hi,

I need to be able to build a pywin32 egg on both windows 32 and 64. I
was wondering if there was any interest into integrating patches in
that direction ?

The way I did was similar to what we do in numpy, that is setup.py is
still using distutils by default, but if you call setupegg.py, you get
the setuptools feature set. The changes to pywin32 sources are minimal
(< 20 lines), and none of the changes should affect current users.

cheers,

David