[python-win32] Pylons as service...

Durumdara durumdara at gmail.com
Mon May 18 09:48:31 CEST 2009

Hi!

I have two questions about Windows and Pylons...

http://wiki.pylonshq.com/display/pylonscookbook/How+to+run+Pylons+as+a+Windows+service

1.)
I wanna ask something about python services.

http://groups.google.hu/group/pylons-discuss/browse_thread/thread/f54d8208c3be555e

Yesterday I tried to install two of pylons services.
Interesting thing I saw.

Every of the installed services are have SAME EXE without any information to
identify, which pylons site is need to start...
I have never seen same thing before, so I don't understand, which
information is have PythonService.exe to know which windowsservice.py need
to start...

Is service name passed to PS.EXE by OS?

I saw that in registry the service is have all data it needed. But how to
know this ONE EXE,  which service started it, and which *.py can it use to
start?

2.) The service stopping is not correct:

The Python service control handler failed.
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\win32\lib\win32serviceutil.py", line
791, in ServiceCtrlHandlerEx
    self.SvcStop()
  File "c:\web\pylons\xxx\WindowsService.py", line 91, in SvcStop
    sys.exit()
<type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>: <NULL>

If I changed it to sys.exit(0), or (1), I also got this message...
This is a tutorial site, so I don't know, what is the good way to out of
service...

Thanks for your help: dd