[python-win32] Question on parsing Reparse Points

Philip Bloom pbloom at crystald.com
Thu Mar 19 23:25:56 CET 2009

Hello,

This is my first post the python win32 programming list, so hello.

I'm trying to figure out a way to tell where a Reparse Point
(<JUNCTION>) is really pointing programmatically.  I can determine
pretty easily a folder is a Junction
(win32api.GetFileAttributes(folder)==1040), but from there, I can't seem
to find a way to tell where that reparse point is reparsing into.  I've
seen C++ code that does it, but it depends on FindFirstFile, which I
don't see in win32api or win32file for python.

Any ideas?