[python-win32] ImportError: No module named win32file

Elias Fotinis efotinis at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 14:24:31 CEST 2009

First, check if the file
("<PythonDir>\Lib\site-packages\win32\win32file.pyd") really exists. Then
check the Python module search path. Put a "print sys.path" before the
"import win32file" and check whether it contains the
"...site-packages\win32" dir.

Either pywin32 didn't install properly or some module messes with your
sys.path.