[python-win32] Copying a MS Access Table

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Jul 28 12:35:33 CEST 2009

sebastian.venus at uk.bnpparibas.com wrote:
> Hi, how can I make a copy of a table in an Access database using Python?
> The VBA command would be 'DoCmd.CopyObject'. If there is no such command
> for Python, then alternatively I could request Python to call a VBA
> function that does that, but I don't know how to do that either.

[... snips longest signature in the known universe ...]

Depends on where you're starting from. You can use the win32com.client
modules from the pywin32 package to automate pretty much anything in
the COM world, including Access. At the same time, you can use the
adodbapi module in that same package to access the db directly. You
only need to look around the web for examples of what you want to
do in any language and then translate them into Python.

If you're still stuck, feel free to post back here. (I'm pretty
sure there isn't an MSAccess-specific package for Python).

TJG