[python-win32] Python parser for Windows Event Logs

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 20:49:49 CEST 2009

Thanks, but those just monitor events.

I need to pull some very specific data from an event log file, after I
know the event has already occurred.

Tim has another module called winsys, and there is an object which
handles some aspects of reading event logs.
http://timgolden.me.uk/python/winsys/event_logs.html#module-event_logs

Tim - what I need to is pull this structure

from the event log, AFTER an event 51 has already occurred.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244780

I can easily look at the Event Viewer to determine if the event has occurred.

I don't see it at a glance, but does your winsys module have a way to do this?

If not, I'll just have to hard code offsets and use the struct module to get it.