[python-win32] Examples of Win32Inet use

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Tue Jul 7 16:33:35 CEST 2009

Fadhley Salim wrote:
> Now that SF seems to be back online, could somebody point me to some
> examples for how to use the win32inet functions?
>
> There's almost no documentation for this library, and I have not managed
> to find any examples working code which actually uses these functions.
>
> FYI, I'm still struggling to get win32inet.InternetOpen and
> win32inet.WinHttpGetProxyForUrl to do anything sensible for me. I'd be
> particularly delighted to see an example of how to use those functions.
>
> Thanks

There are lots of docs:

http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/2.4/pywin32/win32_modules.html
http://timgolden.me.uk/python-on-windows/
http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i.html

However, there aren't tons of examples out there in the wild. What you
should probably do is look up the functions you're interested in on
MSDN. You can usually translate the examples there directly into Python
code.

- Mike