[python-win32] Retrieve informations from NIST file.

Khalid Moulfi farplagek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:36:36 CEST 2009

Hello all,

hope you'r all fine.

Actually, I'm a little bit blocked.

I have, let's say, thousands of file (NIST file). In the first line of all
of them I have tag numbers plus many informations, even sometimes strange
chararcters (Maybe Hexadecimal).
A line can look like :

1.001:nnnn<Special character>1.002:xxxx<Special character>...2.083:Strange
character<Special character>2.087:Strange character

First, when I read the 1st line of each of these files and do a len(line), I
do not have the same number  of chararcters between the return of len(line)
and the number returned by the editor Scite (It gives the number of column).

In the meantime, I have to remove some tags in different places and add some
other tags also in different places.

If anyone can help.

Thks,

KM