[python-win32] activate an opened window through the server

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Apr 24 02:09:25 CEST 2009

belaqziz salwa wrote:
> I work on a PyWPS project and I need to run an IDL program , after the
> user completed a form,
> if I create a program .pro with the command that launches my program,
> like this
>
> idlde.exe -minimized -nodemowarn -noconfirmexit -nosplash
> @"C:\SAMIR\soil.run"
>
> how can I run it through my server?

PyWPS ships HTML data, just like a web server.  If your IDL script only
produces output in a window, then there is no way to do it.  But if your
IDL script produces an image file, then I think you could grab that file
and send it back as an HTML image.  It would take a lot of
experimentation, but it might be possible.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com