[python-win32] win32gui.GetMenu() return 0

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Apr 17 03:02:49 CEST 2009

wensi liu wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response!
>
> Actually, I am trying to click Menu even SubMenu
>
> like:
> Tools->Internet Options
> Tools->SmartScreen Filter->Check This Websit

Most of the things in Internet Options can be controlled through COM and
normal APIs.  What, specifically, are you trying to tweak?

Smart Screen Filter must be an add-on.  You can get to these by
enumerating through the list of subwindows to find all the toolbars, but
it will be a pain.  You could also send keystrokes to the app, but
that's also a bit tacky.  It would be better for you to try to find out
about the Internet Explorer object model, to see if you can use that COM
object you already created to access the tools through function call
instead.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com