[python-win32] ImportError: No system modul

Solomon.Zewdie.Altek at zf.com Solomon.Zewdie.Altek at zf.com
Wed Sep 10 14:25:27 CEST 2008

 Hello,
 I am tring to work on Excel File through python.

 I am using Python 2.4.2 and work on xp with an administration authorization.

 I implimented like that:

 *
 **
 import win32com.client
 class Python_skript(Object):

    def __init__(self, fileName=None):
       self.xlapp = win32com.client.dynamic.Dispatch("Excel.Application")
       if fileName:
          self.xlbook = self.xlapp.Workbooks.Open(fileName)
       else:
          self.xlbook = self.xlapp.Workbooks.Add() ...

 I got the error message: "ImportError: No system modul 'pythoncom' (pythoncom24.dll)"

 Although the file pythoncom24.dll does exist.

 Can anyone help?

 Many Thanx!