[python-win32] ODBC date and time issues

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:57:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Joe Healy <joe at omc-international.com.au>wrote:

> Roger Upole wrote:
>
>  Which Python version are you working with ?
>> I have an installer built from current CVS for Python 2.5 (32 bit), but
>> can create one for a different version when time permits.
>>

> We are working with python 2.5. It would be great if you could send us the
> installer, we tried yesterday and received the same error as Fuzzyman from
> the linked email.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

> Roger:
  Send a copy to me, too, please.
   I just ran across an interesting snag with adodbapi, and I want to check
these test cases along with my new one.  My application crashed suddenly
when a user happened to store a value in a datetime column (on MS SQL
server) at exactly midnight. The result I got back was a datetime.date,
which cannot (for some weird reason) be converted to a datetime.date.
I had to write a patch to combine the time back in so I could take it back
out later. Nasty.

I presume that there is some magic going on somewhere to try to duplicate
some special "features" of MS Access. It occurs to me that the same
"feature" my also occur in odbc.odbc so I'ld like to try it as well.
---
Vernon Cole