[python-win32] Dispatch InternetExplorer.Application fails

Waldemar Osuch waldemar.osuch at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:16:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 7:26 AM, Rickey, Kyle W
<Kyle.Rickey at bakerhughes.com> wrote:
> Thanks, I got your example working but unfortunately the results didn't
> work good. Here's links to 2 pictures for comparison, sensitive
> information removed.
>
> http://www.dsrt.org-a.googlepages.com/bad_report.png
> http://www.dsrt.org-a.googlepages.com/good_report.png

Judging by the output it looks that some of the stylesheet paths are
not resolved correctly.  Why is it so?  I do not know.
In my testing lxml was handling xsl:includes correctly.

> Let me give a little more background on the process. Our software
> generates reports as xml files that use xsl transformation. The xsl
> files are in a separate directory from the xml reports. The pink boxes
> in the bad picture are supposed to be bmp files from another directory.
> The xml references 1 xsl which in turn does includes on multiple xsl
> files.
>
> Lastly, the 'Page n of nn' is the page numbering system. Once the page
> loads in IE or FF a javascript function gets called to number the pages.
>
> Are my efforts futile? Or am I missing something simple?

It is up to your boss to decide if your efforts are futile.
I can not comment on that. :-)

If lxml does not work for you use something else to produce the output
Microsoft MSXML is not a bad choice.
Then if you have some custom javascript involved, your original
idea to use InternetExplorer may be the best.