[python-win32] MSProject and export maps

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed May 28 23:00:22 CEST 2008

Ron Henderson wrote:

> <dump>
> ╨╧◄αí▒
> </dump>
>
> I'm not sure how those binary characters will be handled by my email
> client, but essentially the file "p2.csv" seems to have been written
> out as a binary project file, not as a CSV file. If I open the file
> "p2.csv" in Project using "All Files" in the open dialog, it loads as
> an exact copy of the original "p1.mpp".

Yes.  For whatever it's worth, those first 4 characters have the hex
values D0 CF 11 E0, which is a hex pseudo-representation of the word
"DOCFILE".  This is the standard signature for a COM "structure storage
document", which is the binary format used by all of the Microsoft
Office programs prior to Office 2007.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com