[python-win32] Request for comments

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:41:12 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Tim Golden <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:

> I have a request of the python-win32 community. Have a look at:
>
> http://timgolden.me.uk/python-on-windows/

Wow, Tim!  Thanks for doing this.

> In particular, click through to the section on the Registry (which is the
> only section which has anything useful in it!)
> and then tell me what you think. About anything. The contents,
> the style, the colours, the colors, the depth of examples, the
> notes. What should be there? What shouldn't? How much overlap
> there should be with other sources of documentation? How much
> should just be links across? Should I reproduce the pywin32 docs
> verbatim. (Difficult: I've got a branch which is trying. Very trying).
> Anything.

I'd like to see a little more prose to go with the examples, not just code.

No too much, but enough that the reader can understand WHY a certain task i
s done a certain way (and maybe why you would want to do it in the first
place).

I do like the fact that it's more of  a "cookbook" than "stereo
instructions".
I think focusing on examples is right on target (and I love your other
Py-win HOWTO pages BTW)

Points to bear in mind:

>  * This is very alpha
>  * I'm using Sphinx but I've done very little with its capabilities

Sphinx can auto-create "Prev" and "Next" links, which might be useful.

Kevin Horn