[python-win32] Embedding/bundling Python, best practices?

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Fri Jan 25 12:45:45 CET 2008

We've done that by using py2exe to build the executable program, then
take the output from that process and give it to an installer in the
conventional Windows way.  Works nicely, no external dependencies at all
(it's all self-contained).  You can even avoid the installer at a small
cost in runtime startup time.

If you do that with multiple apps you get multiples copies of the
dependencies (everything is self-contained).  I expect that can be
avoided but I haven't looked to see how.

	paul