[python-win32] Getting Network Information/Statistics

>.> twopill at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 05:29:31 CET 2008

I got the interface name from win32util.browse() in Vista and XP. I think XP
is Giving me the wrong number because it differs from what I'm reading in
perfmon everytime and it seems to be counting down from that number after
every subsequent call.
ex: perfmon will give me a last of 0.0 and
 win32pdhutil.GetPerformanceAttributes('Network Interface','Bytes
Received/sec','Intel[R] PRO_100 VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler
Miniport')

Will return something like 12107 and will go down every subsequent call.

Is there another way to get this information?