[python-win32] Launch a New Instance of Excel

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Feb 28 15:25:52 CET 2008

> [>>>Peck, Jon] Thanks for the pointer.  It worked perfectly.  But, in the
> spirit of self help, where could I have found DispatchEx documentation that
> would have explained this (other than the website above)?

One of those perennially unanswerable questions, I'm afraid. A lot
of the pywin32 stuff is pretty much raw Win32 API. The win32com
stuff is a little more wrapped, but still fairly much expects you
to dive into MSDN to find out what you want and then look for
the equivalent thing in the pywin32.chm file!

Which is why I try to put things up on my site, and why I and
others try our best to field questions on this and the main
Python list. Mark Hammond, Roger Upole and the other contributors
to the pywin32 extensions do a great job of getting things in
there and trying to track the moving target that is the Windows
API. I feel that one way in which the rest of us can contribute
is to produce documentation at whatever level we can.

(I have a long-unrealised plan to start a documentation site
for Python-on-Windows, but as they say: The best-laid plans
of mice and men... Maybe one day I'll realise it :)

TJG