[python-win32] context menu extension get called twice

TK Soh teekaysoh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 15:20:09 CET 2008

I'm having some problem with my Explorer context menu extension. I
have registered the extension to the following registry:

        (_winreg.HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
r"Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TortoiseHg"),
        (_winreg.HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
r"Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TortoiseHg"),

When I clicked on the File menu on the main menu of Explorer with a
folder selected in the window, the context menu extension will be
called twice in a roll, resulting in two sets of TortoiseHg menu. With
no folder selected, the extension appear to work correctly

I wonder if there's something I am doing wrong here. Appreciate if
anyone can give an advice or pointer. Thanks.