[python-win32] SQL Server event notifications ?

j vickroy jim.vickroy at noaa.gov
Sat Feb 23 14:31:42 CET 2008

Hello all,

I realize this is more of a SQL Server question than a Python/Windows
question, but ...

I would like to develop an application that receives event notifications
from SQL Server rather than polling the database.  Specifically, I am
interested in table INSERT and UPDATE events.  Is this possible?  Has
anyone done this from Python?

I looked at:

    * CREATE EVENT NOTIFICATION (Transact-SQL) --
    * Creating Service Broker Services --

but I did not understand the Service Broker Services information well
enough to know.

I am not very knowledgable about SQL Server, but I could have our DBA
assist me in setting this up.

Thanks,
-- jv