[python-win32] python.exe crashes while connecting to MSSQL Database using pyodbc.connect

siddhartha veedaluru siddhartha.veedaluru at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 19:32:35 CET 2008

Hi,

Thank you Everybody who vested their valuable time in replying me.
Thanks Vernon Cole
Thanks Michael.

Michael,
As you said,i have downloaded the latest version of pyodbc and tested with
it.
same issue comes up again.

Other facts i noticed while testing :

1) The script just exists with return code 128.
2) Sometime after(approx 20-30 mins) if i run the scripts,i was able to
connect and no crash found.
3)After establishing the connection,if we terminate (Keyboard Interrupt)the
script without closing the connection and once again try to
connect,python.exe crashes

The scripts terminates abnormally and doesnt give any traceback.
i can see the dumps only when i reboot the machine.

Please let me know if you need some more information.

Thanks and Regards,
Siddhartha
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Michael Kleehammer <michael at kleehammer.com