[python-win32] Walking the registry and creating reg files

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Thu Dec 4 23:32:32 CET 2008

Hi,

We're doing what amounts to a registry session audit here at work, so I
need to walk a specific set of subfolders in our registry and get the
contents thereof. The subfolders will vary from user to user. I found
Tim Golden's excellent registry walking script on his website here:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python-on-windows/programming-areas/registry/walk-the-registry.html

My problem is that I need to output the data into *.reg files. Is there
a builtin way to do that with _winreg or PyWin32 or do I just need to
roll my own?

I'm using Python 2.5.2 on Windows XP.

Thanks,

Mike