[python-win32] Detect if user has a window opened in full screen mode?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Aug 21 22:49:54 CEST 2008

Patrick Li wrote:

> Is there a way I can detect whether or not the user has any window
> that is running in full screen mode? (Playing a game that takes up the
> entire screen, or having the browser maximized, etc)

Why on earth would you care?

I don't know of any API that can  answer this question.  Note that
DirectX games use a very different method of going fullscreen than
maximized applications.  For maximized applications, you could enumerate
through all of the top-level windows and find their window rectangles.
For DirectX games, that wouldn't work.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com