[python-win32] Anyone is able to install PSE on windows?

Waldemar Osuch waldemar.osuch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 06:09:55 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:45 AM, hiren kumar <hihiren1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody is successfully able to install PSE - Python Servlet Engine on
> windows?
>
> I have installed the Python 2.5 and apache 2.2.
> I have installed mopd_python and verified it and it is running perfectly
> fine.
>
> I have downloaded PSE 3.0 windows binary installation.
>
> But when I try to run it , at the end it is giving me following error.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 63, in <module>
>   File "<string>", line 9, in fix_installed_config
>   File "D:\inst\Python25\Lib\site
>  -packages\pse_handler\__init__.py", line 28, in <module>
>      from handler import handler
>   File "D:\inst\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pse_handler\handler.py", line 28,
> in <module>
>     from mod_python import apache, util
>   File "D:\inst\Python25\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\apache.py", line 949,
> in <module>
>      stat = _apache.stat
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'stat'
> *** run_installscript: internal error 0xFFFFFFFF ***
>
> Can anybody please help me to solve this?

I'm afraid,  I can not help to solve the immediate problem but it does
smell like some version conflict between PSE and mod_python.

What I would like to do though is to point you to mod_wsgi instead.
You will have many more options on what to use for the web framework.
Even if you are not a framework kind of guy WSGI will make it easier
to come up with solution tailored to your needs.

Waldemar