[python-win32] DCOM

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri May 25 13:01:14 CEST 2007

> Hello :-)
> I've got another newbie question.
>
> I'm trying to use DCOM. If I'm right, I have to register my
> application on both the client and the server, then set up the correct
> access/launch rights.

After you've registered the COM object on the remote machine, you also need
to configure dcom itself 'dcomcnfg' tool (which should already exist on the
box).  I cover this in the book, but you should be able to work out how to
set things up (its a little involved - but google can probably find some
non-python articles - it will be the same process...)

Cheers,