[python-win32] screen size/resolution in win32 in python

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Sun Mar 18 21:03:21 CET 2007

[copying back to the list in case it's of more
general interest]

adrian villanustre wrote:
> Tim:
>
> Tank you very much, that solve my problem (just one of them)
> BTW can you give me a good link related to python-win32 reference and use

The best reference, I'm afraid, is the .chm file which
comes with the pywin32 extensions. That and a lot of
experience. We're trying to put together some sort of
Wiki (only very recently begun) where this kind of
information could be dumped, but often searching
the archives of the mailing lists is the best
starting point:

   http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Amail.python.org

I do have a small series of pages:

   http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i.html

which tries to address some common problems, but
they are pitifully few compared to the questions
which get asked. I'll try to add your question on
so at least that one's covered.

The book written several years ago by Mark Hammond
and Andy Robinson called (something like) Python
for Win32 is still published by O'Reilly I think
and is still recommended:

   http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonwin32/

Also, bear in mind that many "How do I..." questions
for Python on Windows are near enough identical to
"How do I..." questions for any language on Windows.
So if you can find a VB or Delphi or a C# solution,
the chances are it can be fairly easily translated
into Python. That's all I did to give you your
answer: I looked around the net a bit and then
back-fitted the answer into Python. (Of course
I may have the advantage of know the kind of search
terms which would bite and remembering one or two
API calls which were not right but which came close!)

TJG