[python-win32] Controlling Windows based programs

Chandra,Devendran Devendran.Chandra at smartm.com
Thu Jun 28 09:04:40 CEST 2007

Hie,

I am a newbie to python. I hope this question is not so silly to
programmers out there

I am a test engineer discovering python, and my thoughts are skewed
towards engineering issues (^_^)

I have a program that accesses EEPROM from the serial port , which is
bundled together with the engineering tester

It runs under XP environment

I would like to use PythonWin to control the features of this program,
with the idea of automating choices currently being handled manually.

I don have the source to this program.

Can I have some pointers on how I can achieve this, if it is possible,
and any good open source projects or tutorial/books that can guide me
towards achieving this objective?

Thank you very much for your time into looking at this problem

My objective for venturing into python, is to use this language as the
OOP, C as low engineering level interface, bind c into python, and
release engineering programs on linux and windows. Is there anyone who
has gone thru similar learning curve? Would greatly appreciate your
guidance on this (^_^)

Devendran

Test Engineering

Tel:         +6 04 - 3880 000 (ext. 3226)

DID:       +6 04 - 3880 226

Fax:        +6 04 - 3999 795/2985

E-mail:   devendran.chandra at smartm.com

*	"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we
used when we created them."
*	"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

  <http://www.smartmodulartech.com/main/index.cfm>

http://www.smartmodulartech.com/

 P  Before printing this page think about your responsibility with the
Natural Environment & Cost Saving