[python-win32] IE browser bar

Richard Bell rbell01824 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 14 20:13:42 CEST 2007

>When I run this, (winxp pro, python2.5.1, pywin32 build 210)  I get no
>errors. IE pops up and loads the URL. I do not however see any change in
>the browsers state, between the 2 calls of ie.ShowBrowserBar(bar,x,0), with
>x (True, False)
>
>Possible an issue with your configuration or installation?

Graeme,

That's the problem.  The calls to ShowBrowserBar should first show and then
hide one of the specified browser bars according to how bar is set.
Subsequent to my original post I did notice that CLSID_SEARCH DOES work so I
guessing that the issue is in part the class IDs and in part my lack of
understand about what ShowBrowserBar SHOULD DO.

Regards,
Richard