[python-win32] SendMessageTimeout() ?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Jul 28 03:23:54 CEST 2007

Tim writes:

> > and just in case I haven't hijacked my own thread enough:
> > does
> > pywin32-210.win32-py2.5.exe
> > have any command line switches so I don't have to hit 'next
> next...'?
> >

> I believe it is a standard MSI installer, and if so you should be able
> to use the normal switches.  /q and /qn suppress the UI altogether.
> /qb- should display a basic UI but with no modal dialog
> boxes.  You may
> need to experiment.

Actually, the .exe installers are not MSI at all, and sadly they do not
support cmdline options.  I'm playing with creating MSI packages, at least
for the x64 build but the 32bit versions probably will not see .msi for a
little while (I see no real advantage, and some costs, in making each build
available as *both* .exe and .msi)

Cheers,