[python-win32] Module not found weirdness

Derick Van Niekerk derickvn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:00:36 CEST 2006

> Since you're getting pywintypes.error rather than an import error,
> the function is actually called.  Most likely the app that created the
> window (wxPython) isn't responding correctory.  You might want to
> check if you have the same version of wx on both machines.

Yep - both versions turned out to be the same. I reinstalled anyway, but
still the same problem persists.

I uninstalled everything, deleted any remaining dirs, rebooted and
reinstalled only python, wx and win32. Still the same problem. So I'm sure
the problem is not with the python libs themselves and it must be a problem
somewhere else - probably with the OS - but where?

I replaced all the relevant dlls (except user32dll, which is always in use
it seems) - still no dice.

How can I replace user32.dll? Where else can I look for the source of the
problem before going so far as reinstalling windows?

-d-