[python-win32] dualview/extended desktop settings with win32api

Stefan Rank stefan.rank at ofai.at
Thu May 11 13:05:21 CEST 2006

on 04.05.2006 15:56 Stefan Rank said the following:
> on 04.05.2006 12:17 Roger Upole said the following:
>> Stefan Rank wrote:
<snip>
>>> AFAICT I need the GDI function `ChangeDisplaySettingsEx` and
>>> `EnumDisplayDevices` and some others.
<snip>
>> These functions can certainly be added.  It will take some extra work
>> (the usual LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress thing) since many of them
>> don't exist on WinNT.  You can submit a feature request (or patch)
>> on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/
>>
>>        Roger
>
> I started with a feature request (1481844) for now...

And I followed up with a patch.
see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1481844&group_id=78018&atid=551957

But I did not do any tricks that depend on the windows version.
See my comments in the tracker.

I am not sure, and I can't test, if there needs to be some extra magic.

cheers,
stefan